Benefits of using buyer’s agents
A buyer’s agent will guide you through the home-buying transaction and be at your disposal for any questions or concerns. Here are some of the things a buyer’s agent can do:
- Offer our services at no cost to you. In Indiana, the seller pays the buyer’s agent commission so you can have our expertise for FREE!
- Find the right property. After determining what our clients are looking for and what they can afford, the agent will schedule appointments to tour homes. The agent can also explain the pros and cons of various properties and neighborhoods to help buyers decide which home is right for them.
- Be your loyal Advocate. We are legally bound to put your interests first! We never pressure you; our goal is not to sell you a home, but to help you buy a home. We “hold your hand” through the entire process and are always available to deal with your concerns, answer your questions, and handle problems that arise. Confidential information that you give us stays confidential and is not shared with sellers.
- Negotiate the offer. The buyer’s agents on the Indiana Home Experts Team will advise clients on an appropriate price to offer and present it to the seller’s agent. Then they will negotiate on your behalf and write up the contracts for you. This is where the agent’s experience in negotiating deals can save you money and help you avoid pitfalls like a fixer-upper that’s more trouble than it’s worth.
- Recommend other professionals. Our team of buyer’s agents can refer you to reliable mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, home inspectors, movers, and more. This can also help expedite each step of the process and move you to a successful sale all the faster.
- Help overcome setbacks. If the home inspector’s report or appraisal brings new issues to light, our buyer’s agents can advise you on how to proceed, and then act as a buffer between you and the sellers or their agent. If negotiations become heated or hostile, it’s extremely helpful to have an experienced professional keeping calm and offering productive solutions.
Agents on the Indiana Home Experts team have been representing buyers for the last 18 years. We have developed a special interest in helping new home buyers and real estate investors make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
- It is especially important that you get representation in the case of new construction and For Sale By Owners. A builder and a builder’s agent will sometimes “bulldoze” buyers to accept unwanted changes or defects in a new house. Real estate agents have to disclose defects in a property or risk license sanctions, so sometimes sellers will seek to sell without an agent to avoid disclosing problems with a home.
- If you contact us about a property that we’ve listed, we’ll inform you that we represent the seller, and if you choose, will provide you with a list of reputable agents that can negotiate on that home for you.